- Unless your gi is pre-shrunk, it will shrink a bit when you wash it. If you want to shrink it on purpose, try the procedure in this link http://news.gorillagear.ca/what-to-do-with-a-new-gi/
- DO NOT leave a wet/sweaty gi balled up in your gym bag. (Unless you enjoy bacteria growing in there)
- Wash gi after every use. If this is just impossible, hang dry your gi immediately. Sun drying is preferable.
- The Warrior gis that I got are natural, unbleached. If you want to lighten the color, use bleach during the first 2-3 washes. Otherwise, do not use bleach or detergent with bleach. Using bleach often will wear away the gi quickly.
- Using a dryer is not recommended as it will make your gi shrink rather significantly and tumble drying will decrease the life of your gi.
I'm glad to see that a majority of our members now have gis at practice. If anybody else needs a gi, please contact me or Larry. You are also welcome to purchase a gi on your own. Jason posted information on gi brands on this blog as well http://vcujudo.blogspot.com/2008/09/get-gi.html